- 200g (1 cup) chickpeas (cooked)
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 large clove of garlic
- 4 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cover the dried chickpeas with about 2 inches of water and use a large enough bowl to allow chickpeas to double in size. Soak for at least 8 hours.
- Drain the water and rinse the beans. Transfer the soaked chickpeas to a large saucepan or a small pot and cover with about 2 inches of water.
- Bring the water to boil, then reduce the heat slightly and simmer until they reach your desired tenderness, anywhere between 1 and 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Drain and let cool
- Once your chickpeas are cooked and cooled juice the lemons and discard the skins.
- Blend all the ingredients together using either a food processor, jug blender or hand blender – until creamy smooth.
- You can eat this right away, although it works best when chilled first. Serves well with pitta bread, crackers or with salad.